It's different.

Tuesday 7 October 2014

Tubby Troubles

The clock ticks and I'm still not done
I press and pinch and prod and poke
The clock ticks and the mirror still reflects
I am late for school.

The mother shouts and I'm still not done
I pull and tuck and twist and push
The mother shouts and the shirt still clings
I am late for dinner.

Night falls and I'm still not done
I clench and unclench and breathe and hold
Night falls and the paunch still remains
I am late for bed.

I roll and punch and groan and cry
I fill my stomach and empty it with acid
I reject its demands and then stuff it with plastic
My tummy is red and stretched all over.

I cannot think anymore, I burn greenly
Tight bellies peer with baby buttons
Tiny bums are flatly smug in tiny shorts
Thigh bolsters laugh at my thigh sacks of rice.

And I cannot think anymore, I flicker sadly
When someone says hi, I look down
Only I can't see my toes and all I reply is
I'mfatI'mfatI'mfatI'mfatI'mfatI'mfatI'mfatI'mfat...

















No comments:

Post a Comment