It's different.

Friday 24 October 2014

Incubus Returns

The dripping heart cries
Alone, alone, pushed away
The heart is blocked with pain.

Empty sweep of sand
Only Vulture's raw cry
I am insane with fear

Thick, scratchy darkness
Boiling, overflowing
Stabbing my ears and eyes.

Now Vulture calls loudly
But he is invisible
Hovering, waiting.

I shriek, I scream
A silent scream just for me
And just for him above.

I cannot see Vulture
His talons flex in wait
I can hear them though

Run! Run! Run!
But where to? Ahead?
Run! Fall! Run!

To flee is to stay
In infinity, in loops
To stay is to flee.

Now Vulture circles low
Salivating, beak open
Swoop! Swoop! Dive!

I am so scared
No comfort in movement
No comfort in the still.

And cold sweat!
Wake! Wake! Turn! Pant! Wake!
My fingers clutch sheets.

I tremble
A reality rescue
From the abyss, again.





Oh, God, will this ever stop?!

No comments:

Post a Comment