It's different.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Halcyon Days

I don’t want to rush.
I don’t want to push someone away in the pursuit of my goal.
I won’t scamper, scurry or hurry.
I want time to be as slow and thick as blueberry slush.

I want to linger by the flowers and fantasize about my love.
I want to warble a song in the manner of them birds.
I want to lie by a pond and look at the clear, beautiful ripples.
I want to dance and sway like flowing music replaces plain, cold words.

I need to slow down.
To smell the warmth and love of Mum’s freshly baked bread
I want to rush about, through the dew-filled grass and over the emerald hills.
In nothing but my pajamas, all cheerfully made up in white and red.

Sometimes, life isn’t about a race.
Let alone a rat-race for that matter.
Who wants to be perpetually breathless and drowning in sweat?
Between the jumpy and the chilled, isn’t the most content the latter?

Life’s a journey, where you do what you love most.
You need a holiday every once in a while.
Circle the world, go crazy and colorful or simply take a stroll.
Because, believe it or not, life can be a bed of roses if you just stop for a sniff and smile.

2 comments:

  1. it's great to write about it. but actually doing, that make a more beautiful story.
    this is a good piece though.

    ReplyDelete