It's different.

Thursday 30 July 2015

Caged





All in honour of Southpaw's release. I love movies about fighters. Above is a picture of Casey Affleck from Out Of The Furnace - not a flick about a fighter, but boy was he good in it!

Shadows
First thing I notice are the shadows
Swilling, distracting
I concentrate, and am distracted

Roars
They grow louder and louder
Harsh, demanding
I can't see beyond the red

Dirt
What I see every time
Down, dying
Every time I'm knocked down

Shake
It's what my body does
Sneering, snarling
Behind the cage, stay you cowards

Ring
My home, my downfall
Pulling, pushing
I bleed into the sawdust quietly

Haaah
Haah, haah, haah, haah
Haah, haah,
Haah, haah, haah, haah, haah

Saving
Life's saving grace is
Realizing, sucking
You know you can't get worse

Wake
I wake, I glare
Swallowing, licking
The crimson froth off my knuckles

Scream
Scream all you want
Bawling, snorting
It's all you know, you motherf-kers

Grin
It's all I do
Smirking, beckoning
Come at me, you sweating bastard


Come
I'm ready for you
Hop, hop
Balls of your feet, shift, shift

Day of reckoning
Time to beat ya
To the ground; I been there loads of times
It's your turn now

and so the bell tolls.

2 comments: