It's different.

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Grasshopper Philosophy without the Karate Krap (sorry, Mr Miyagi)

I do not think
That you know what I am speaking of (Do you?)
You shy away, claiming an overdose
Of flowers and caramel, mush and sentimental goo.

Wait, do not go.
Let me explain myself (Understand, please)
Sit down. Relax (A drink? Or two?)
Give some time.  Offer me a lease.

It began as early as time itself
Older than hatred, younger than survival
It's had its ups and downs
Denials, departures and revivals.

You wish for examples?
Why should I give them?
Take out your preschool drawings
Trace your finger over the letters 'F' and 'M'.

You have stopped scoffing, I see (Good)
Are you realizing, remembering now?
The first time that infantile hand grabbed your finger
And you immediately strengthened that protection vow?

You require elaboration
Think of it this way
It is like water, wonderful water
Cold, clear, beautiful on a hot day.

In the searing desert heat,
It is ambrosia
In the high mountains,
You are glad for its warmth, and know no fear.

When you drink from it
It fills your being with life itself
You may not miss it when it is present
But in its absence, you gasp for relief.

I digress. (Wait, you are saying something)
Yes, it includes THAT  as well
THAT,  to which Laila and Majnoon fell prey
And Jodie and Elton came out of their shell.

I will come to the point (I am tired)
You ask again, of what is it that I speak about
Why, have you not understood at all? (Waste of my breath!)

It's LOVE, you silly, stupid lout!



No comments:

Post a Comment