It's different.

Tuesday 28 October 2014

The Rant


I feel like, I feel like
I've come to this age
Where I've got to share
I've got to know
What you think, why
You say what you say
When I say what I say
I feel like, I feel like
Like drinking every drop
Of dazzling pop and quiet cool culture
And telling the world and telling you
Everything, every thought, every term
Every vowel, every word, every- WHOA.
Now that my tongue's had enough
My head says, 'Hush'
And then I join in this lay game
Where we all shut up
Some for a second, others for a lifetime
And I don't speak and you don't speak
But we're still shouting so loudly
And we try to see who can figure out
What we're saying, and what a laugh!
Because we're sharing alright
We're just not sharing aloud
So it's always going to be before sunrise
Where we think it's healthy
To rebel against anything that can be fought
And we're going to talk and not talk
And yell and spew on every surface through every medium
And we're going to share and share and share
Before the great green god of greed
Swoops down on us all
And sucks away the passion
And sucks and sucks and sucks
Till he's drunk with it all.
So we have fat bundles of green
But the anger and zest and the electricity
Have been shelled, peas no longer in the pod
As old with lines as we become though
We'll learn to talk and share and smile and scream
But in careful compartments,  unlocked for the right one
The right one who remains the written one sometimes
Or the written off one
I digress.
See?
As we grow old with lines
The rant stops in favour
Of taciturn tact and
Telling everyone to get along
Instead of being the one told to shut the hell up.
It's gonna happen, and it will and there's no fighting
I'll become crows' feet and quiet thoughts
Worried responsibility and rare laughter
But till then, oh God, till then
I'm going to scream
Till
Till

Till I'm red in the goddamn face.

No comments:

Post a Comment