It's different.

Sunday 10 April 2016

A Different Kind of Story

I want to talk to you about moments. There are stories that can be found in just about every person's gaze, but those fleeting glimpses of their expressions in the shift between one moment and another - those are often the richest and most engaging tales of them all. Sometimes, I think you discover more layers in these to a person, than any heart-to-heart or prolonged observation of their behavior can reveal. 
I hope the photos below speak to you of these people as much as the moments I photographed them in did to me,

Disclaimer: Most of the photos below are not candid or posed, but somewhere in between (if that's possible). The boy looking up at the sky was the only one who was completely unaware, and that kind of makes his childlike wonderment all the more delightful.

Lots of criticism appreciated (both bouquets and brickbats).

Thanks to everyone who cooperated! I'll be adding more from time to time.



Genuine happiness...or the beginnings of mischief?

Daydreamer's paradise -  oblivious to everything else

A Coldplay song in a single gaze. He was staring at seagulls competing for the chips he'd thrown at them.


Storytelling in all its forms here.


'What do you want me to say? I don't know anything.'



A happy break during narration.


Kindred spirit.


What can you see here?


Sing a new song, Chiquitita.


Pensive and Pensieve (hot chocolate, actually).

3 comments: